Saturday, March 28, 2009

Winter Wonderland and WIPs

Well the week went ok, but Thursday morning, AJ woke up for school and he spent all morning in the bathroom vomiting and "stuff" so he stayed home, and spent most of it in the bathroom, he did manage to get out of there long enough to go lay down, and literally spent the whole day in bed...........he went from being so pale, to later that evening, turning bright red with a high fever.............This morning he was fever free, but still pale and icky, and weak......but was able to hold down soup and jello. We will try for more solid food tomorrow. So far Aiden is well, with just a few sneezes here and there.

We are having a winter storm................yep, first part of Spring, and I finally get my snow...........but so far only solid ice has been falling, all day and night............with a few breaks.............very cold, and the lights have flashed a couple of times tonight, and I am really hoping we don't lose power. We have our flashlights ready just in case. The snowfall is suppose to start anytime, but they have been saying that since Friday afternoon. LOL

So I spent today working on some WIPS that have been sadly neglected for some time. picture above is a birds nest with some eggs, haven't done the birds, and the only thing I needed to finish with it, was stuff the eggs and sew them shut...........I also sewed them in the nest too to keep them from falling out.


I also finally did the flower pot.........I had the dirt done for awhile, but could not find that color for the pot.......I finally did find it a few months back, but never worked on it after that..........but today I did, you can see the stuffing in the dirt, that will come out once the flowers are done and then the stems will go in there. It was easier to stuff them as I sewed the dirt top to the dirt sides. LOL I will work on the tulips tomorrow............

I have been working on a stuffed grandpa for a friend online, and I got his legs done and his body, chest and neck, but he was a pain.......as is his head which is done, but the facial features are not..........I took a break from him though, I did finish his socks this morning, and packed him away in the "WIPS" tote. LOL

I am up late, wow 3:30.............the boys and I watched Lost in Space earlier Friday night.......that was good...............I even put my crochet away to watch the movie. I guess I should go to bed and listen for any news update, I am hoping to wake up to find lots of snow on the ground!!! I am ready for this snowstorm, then will be happy to follow Spring!


2 comments:

Christina Barosko said...

Hope AJ is feeling better.

Rachel said...

very cute projects :) How have you been?