Sunday, April 13, 2008

Update FINALLY

Well last week was............ok.........just ok............I got stopped by the police coming home from Wal-Mart, because they left out the Thomas the Tank toothbrush and book for Aiden.........it was only a fix it ticket for the light on the license plate. So no big deal.........but I hate being pulled over. LOL So that did not make me happy. I am not sure what is up with Wal-Mart, the "biggest" chain in America they say, but they are so bad lately............every time I walk in there there is so many empty shelves.............well their prices are not that much cheaper than other stores, in fact prices are going up at Wal-Mart, WAY up..........I have counted 3 things I usually always buy, that have gone up in 2 weeks by over 50 cents!!!!! one went up 98 cents from last week............I am sorry, but that is just outrageous!!! Things go up in price, but I have never seen a jump that high in groceries.....not even with produce when that so called bad crops they get.

Gas prices???? here 3.60 now a gallon, and they keep saying its prices for oil going up and that is why they keep raising the price of gas.............but here I have noticed that every time Boeing gets paid, gas prices rocket up.........also they keep talking about how gas prices will hit 4 dollars a gallon by summer time, which they also remind us that that is the "vacation" time.............well that tells me its not the price of oil going up or any other stupid EXCUSE they have, but that it goes up with Popular driving times...............more people drive more in the summer and farther.......so hey lets raise the price so we can keep making millions of dollars in profit!!! I don't drive nearly as much as I use to..........




I finally got a good picture of AJ............all decked out in his Jayhawks gear.............I was teasing him and he didn't want me to, but I ended up with a good picture of him..............FINALLY!!!

Aiden getting mad at me because I am taking his picture, which normally he loves, but this time he was watching Thomas the Tank on DVD!!!! Shame on me!!!! How dare I make him turn his eyes from the boob tube!!!

Well I am back in a better crochet mood, and here are some of the things I am working on..........the panels above are done in lavendar, Plum pudding, and Dark Orchid, I am making these strips for a lapghan, although the intended person apparently already got her lapghans.........so not sure if this will go to her, since I also heard she got two of them................I might still send it, or just keep it, not sure what I will do with it.
Angel on the left is the one I did awhile back, I did two of them, one for Aiden and one for AJ, they are displayed on the mantle...........I decided to redo them in a lighter blue and I ended up putting a single crochet around the wings, which to me look much better. I used the same size hook but somehow the new ones look bigger............I also have not done the hair I just noticed that!! LOL
I had Aidens dad buy him a few patterns from Etsy, he has never gotten him anything, so this was nice to have him do.............one is a mushroom house...............a good night bear, and an angel bear............this is the big mushroom I just finished it today..............I have not done anything else, ,like the door or window yet, but will take more pictures as my work progresses with this pattern.........it is going to be so cute.

My weekend was pretty good, I am sore from standing so much Saturday. Today was a lazy day which I enjoyed, I did clean the living room, and will start on the bathroom and dining room tomorrow.

I was outside with some friends earlier tonight, and when I came in, my mom said that Aiden threw up a bit........I hope he is not getting sick!!

1 comment:

Laurah said...

Cute mushroom! One of these days I will try amigurumi and mushrooms are on my list. I hear you on gas, here in WA they are $4.16 (last I checked). I'm on an island though and we get higher prices then the mainland.